Friday, April 20, 2012

Creme Puff Afternoon




A young woman is looking to buy creme puffs but the only man who has them won't sell. What's his deal!? A short story. Read more!

























It only took me nearly two months of inconsistent work (well the last two weeks were pretty grueling) but I finally finished this comic. I've been reading a lot of young adult manga lately which is why I wanted to do a slice-of-life story. I changed my art just a little and used tones to reflect this. 

With this comic I wanted to challenge myself. In the past I didn't really draw any backgrounds and kind focused on the first-person hard-boiled narrative. So I drew backgrounds and kinda wrote dialogue. Also I wanted to try lettering with a brush, but wasn't too happy with the results. Sorry if it was difficult to read, I probably won't do it again in the future. I actually had to edit a lot of it digitally.

Anyway in the future I'll be focusing more on writing darkness I think. Look forward to some summer project collabs with mah buddy and the return of the Picture Journal. I am going to buy some creme puffs probably because I have been really wanting to eat some but have denied myself the sweetness until after finishing this. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Daniel! The amount of work you put into this comic really shines, and the story is something I've never read before. My only suggestion is to work on your panel compositions, some of them are a little weak. If you haven't already, check out a book called Framed Ink. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacy! And yeah, I'm not too happy about a few of the panels. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out!

      Delete